Back to main website

 

This landing page is our Gold Members, to view all our members in an alphabetical listing, click on 'All Members'.

 


The Pines Historic House and Garden
Description
Built in 1909, this beautifully preserved historic villa right in Loxton township was originally built for Heinrich and Mary Thiele.

In 2002 the home and surrounding gardens and outbuildings were generously bequeathed to the people of Loxton by their daughter, Mrs Ella Kingdon. The Pines house truly represents a snapshot of the family’s grand lifestyle since 1909.

Many passionate volunteers help to maintain the property and gardens, which are unofficially called “Loxton’s Botanic Gardens”.

Today, the Pines grounds and vast gardens are the perfect location and setting for many events. The ideal venue for Weddings and Receptions, Parties and celebrations, Coach tours with specific catering, Morning teas, High Teas - in fact enquiries are welcomed for any occasion.

Guided House Tours are every Sunday at 2pm or by appointment and are well worth your visit. Interesting commentaries and memorabilia give an insight into the lifestyle and generous donations of land to Loxton.

The Pines is a must see attraction as part of Loxton’s early history.
Video
Address
18 Henry Street
Loxton, South Australia 5333
Events: 0407845790 Tours: 0421601903
info@thepinesloxton.com
http://www.thepinesloxton.com/